Saturday, September 02, 2006

Local Cowboy

My name is Cliff Sitwala Ng’andu, known as Zambezi Local Cowboy, freelancing tour guide on bicycle. I cycle along the Zambezi River, on Riverside Drive, the place where Legacy Hotel will cut us locals out of our inheritance area.

What more, I know a third of Livingstone population who still use the only place left for their lonely times, traditional healing, spiritual healing and game viewing. My cowboy tours not only benefit me alone, but my people too. From two bicycles I have built up a school where we have 60 children who today benefit from the same place.

If today a big hotel is planted there, will they support us? If we ask them to leave a corridor for us and the elephant, I know they can say yes but the truth is they cannot do so. Why? Because Sun Hotel said the same, Zambezi Waterfront, Boat Club, many more … so we are cut off from our Zambezi River … where can we go?
Please, please, somebody must help us.

Zambezi Local Cowboy (Greenie)

No comments: